Point of View was started in Bombay, India, in November 1997. We amplify the voices of women and remove barriers to free speech and expression. Our work straddles multiple forms of media, art and culture, both online and offline. Point of View works across five program areas:
- Fighting For Headspace: Placing the broad concept of gender in the public domain
- Pushing The Boundaries: Putting forward the realities of women in sex work as they see them
- Speaking In Tongues: Highlighting marginalized issues of gender, sexuality and rights
- Defending Our Bodies: Enabling women to speak out about and prevent domestic violence
- Changing The Lens: Building the capacities of grassroots women to express themselves through media platforms
Point of View leads the EROTICS India network: their platform can be found here.